A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
On our Website we use two types of cookie: ‘session cookies’ which are temporary and are removed from your cookie file once the browser is closed and ‘persistent cookies’ which remain the cookie file in your browser for a period of time (dependent on the specific cookie).
We use the following cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
· Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use and move around our site and count the number of visitors. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
We use some persistent site analytics cookies and persistent strictly necessary cookies. All other cookies will expire after you close the browser.
Further information on Google Analytics. Our Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help our Website analyse how you and other users use the Website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of our Website (which may include your IP address, the internet browser and language you use, preferences, the date and hour of your access to the web page and the websites you access after visiting our Website) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our Website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage.
Shop Sister London Ltd (‘We’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and other relevant data protection legislation, the data controller is Shop Sister London of 46a Carnaby Street, London, United Kingdom, W1F 9PS.
- Information we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you submit to us on our Website shopsisterldn.com (‘Website’) or by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, search for a product, place an order on our Website, enter any competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, financial, credit/debit card and other billing information, records of correspondence and any other personal information you provide.
- Information that we automatically collect about you when you visit our Website, including:
- technical information, which may include Internet protocol (‘IP’) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, which may include the full Uniform Resource Locators (‘URL’), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
- Information we receive from third parties we work with, including business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers.
- Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you have submitted to us will be used:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with any goods you purchase;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information collected from you will be used:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
· Information we receive from other sources will be combined with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
· Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Shop Sister London Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 46a Carnaby Street, London, United Kingdom, W1F 9PS or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other Website. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.